The HOT ROD Power Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance and driven by Continental Tire is celebrating 25 years in 2019, once again rolling through the heartland of hot rod culture with stops at three first-time venues and a special return to Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk, Ohio, where the inaugural Power Tour concluded in 1995.
The seven-day, seven-city journey is expected to bring together more than 6,000 vehicles and 100,000-plus spectators from June 8-14.
Organizers say the HOT ROD Power Tour is the largest hot rod road trip in the world. Classic cars and hot rods travel city to city over 1,300 miles, enjoying the people and stops along the way.
The HOT ROD Power Tour welcomes all makes and models of hot rods, street rods, custom trucks, muscle cars and performance machines of every vintage and nameplate. Those who travel from start to finish are considered long haulers, and this year there are expected to be as many as 5,000.
The 2019 HOT ROD Power Tour will kick off on Saturday, June 8, in Concord, North Carolina at zMAX Dragway and roll through seven cities over the course of seven days, including three venues for the first time in its history. The full list of stops includes:
- June 8 at zMAX Dragway in Concord,
- June 9 at Martinsville Speedway in Martinsville, Virginia, a first-time venue for the tour,
- June 10 at Bristol Motor Speedway in Bristol, Tennessee,
- June 11 at Kentucky Speedway in Sparta, Kentucky, a first-time venue for the tour,
- June 12 at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis,
- June 13 at Allen County War Memorial Coliseum in Fort Wayne, Indiana, a first-time venue for the tour,
- And the finale June 14 at Summit Motorsports Park.
Each stop will feature a colorful midway of mobile display rigs from more than 50 performance manufacturers and aftermarket specialists with opportunities to view the latest innovations and get expert advice.
The main stage will feature entertainment, live music, celebrities, games and giveaways. Select locations will also feature dragstrip fun runs and an autocross action.
Article courtesy of The Shop